Thursday, November 11, 2010

Poetry & Writing

Sometimes you struggle back and forth with a canvas for hours and it seems the canvas will prevail.
But you stay tenacious and eventually overcome it.
Mentally exhausted but nonetheless victorious.

©2016AmiaArt







PAST LIVES

Each day you are drifting
further from me
Fading more
into another dimension 
A place I don’t want to mention 
where I'd rather you not go
Perpetual time zone
distant triangle
A members only club
in and of itself

I have to be content with this
I contend with it
As ancient poets battle 
down to last syllables
Leaving remnants of
past lives in cracks
of weathered ground

And there is nothing
in all my strength and power
To prevent this fate
cards dealt you 
Can't negate
As the lyrics in a song say:
"I curse the skin you're in
for all the ways it let you down"
Can't turn this frown 
upside down

But I force it to
So you
on the mantle in a heart shaped box
Wont see the pain behind this face
It can't erase 
The sadness it feels daily

But
I smile
With physical semblance
until time takes away the hurt
And leaves memories 


©2013AmiaArt









SUMMER


1. I WILL MISS MY SUNFLOWERS. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY. WHETHER ILLUMINATED BY MORNING SUN OR BY MOONLIT NIGHT DISPLAYED AGAINST BLACKEST AND STARRIEST OF SKY. 

2. I WILL MISS BUDDY THE CRICKET (RIP 6/14-8/14). I'D CALL OUT TO HIM "HEY BUDDY" AS I PASSED BY DAILY. BUDDY DIDN'T KNOW THE CONCEPT OF TIME AS HE WOULD CHIRP AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY. HE LIVED FIRST IN THE SUNFLOWERS AND THEN IN THE DAISIES. WHEN I WOULD PASS HIM BY HE WOULD STOP CHIRPING MOMENTARILY...AND CONTINUE AFTER HE FELT THE COAST WAS CLEAR. ONE DAY AT THE END OF SUMMER I PASSED... AND THE CHIRP WAS GONE. :(

3. I WILL MISS MR. SQUIRRELL WHO STOLE THE HEADS OF ELEVEN GREAT MAMMOTH SUNFLOWERS. NO. I ACTUALLY WON'T. NEIGHBORS INFORMED ME HE WOULD CONTINUE COMING BACK TO 'BORROW' SMALLER HEADS...SCALING THE FENCE TIME AND TIME AGAIN.
AFTER THINKING HE MUST HAVE A FAMILY TO FEND FOR, I LEFT 2 LARGE HEADS ON THE FENCE IN TRUCE. HE CONTINUES TO VISIT THEM DAILY.

4. I WILL MISS THE BUSY BEES MERRILY DOING THEIR JOBS OF POLLINATING. SOME MORE SERIOUS, SOME MORE JUST BUMBLING ABOUT. I WILL NEVER FORGET MY DOG MANASSEH'S FIRST EXPERIENCE BITING ONE. FUNNIEST. THING. EVER.

5. I WILL MISS MY YEARLY THONG TAN...ON MY FEET.


6. THAT'S ALL.


©2014AmiaArt







FOUND POETRY

I wish time would stand still.
Because it is time that creates a greater gap between you and I
My memory a bit skewed as minutes pass by...myself.
And these stinging tears that run down my cheeks cannot persuade the gods to reverse time
Or raise you from the dead.



Found poem in cell drafts

©AmiaArt2013






EVA

One day I sat in Starbucks (not my favorite local coffee shop, but an ok second choice) across from this little lady sitting...tapping her  foot to a David Bowie tune and contemplating as she gaze out at the winter scenery.
She captured my attention right away because she had an uncanny resemblance of a sweet little ol' lady I knew from the early 90's that has since passed away. Her name was Eva (she wanted me to call her Aunt Eva). She was in her 80's. Aunt Eva had no children, but I would go to cut her hair once a month and give an occasional perm. We would watch the Price Is Right while I cut her hair and talk about world issues, when she was young, the weather and such. She also cussed like a sailor but that's another story.
She would make me a special lunch afterwards and insist that I stay and visit with her. Of course I couldn't deny. I enjoyed her company as well and knowing that I brought her a friendship and love of a daughter she never had. Maybe it was I that needed her in my life more. Love comes in unexpected ways.
So as I sat there in Starbucks across from Aunt Eva reincarnate, I was not going to leave that place without taking a photo.


©2014AmiaArt

To view the photo visit HERE




8:45 AM

My alarm goes off at 8:45am.
Still tired I turn it off, roll over, and fall back asleep.
I begin to dream.

A lucid dream.

I'm out kneeling in the Sunflower garden weeding when I sense a presence coming up from behind me to my left.
I turn and see him, happily approaching me...smiling with honey colored eyes intently fixed upon mine.

"Wubby" I exclaim as I open my arms to hug him. He comes in closer, sits, and rests his head upon my shoulder. In my mind I'm  thinking, "This is only a dream. When I hug him he'll disappear like a hologram."

We hug.

I feel the weight of his chin resting upon my shoulder...so close.
My arms wrap around his soft, wavy, black and caramelized fur covering his dense 100lb body. He reciprocates. It feels good. Everything's ok. 

I wake up.

I cry.


RIP Wolfgang. 2007-2013

©2013 AmiaArt







TRACTS


Fact
share them like tracts
Leaving on backs
of cracked pavement
Walls and fists
indoctrinated
to the one who gave you
the one you run to

WHY? did I not know
you needed saving
The earbuds you wore
were worn
Bad beats dripped down
your shaven
jaw
Leaked on the floor
puddle
Left wanting more
than mundane wavelengths

Dissatisfied cassette tape


©2012AmiaArt







HEAVEN'S GATE

Moonlit night
full... bright
Tiny earth filtering
through sun-flowered petals

A sea of little yellow suns
display a masterpiece
Against the blackest of sky

We sway syncopated
metronome
to the soft two a.m. breeze
Heaven's Gate soothing, droning
I don't want to leave this moment

Song repeats...

©2012AmiaArt









STARVING ARTIST

Man doesn't live
by bread alone
But from every wish
on a collar bone
Dried in the sun
window sill
Composites this surreal
life...

Painted deposits
monochrome
Crushed earthen stoneware
what I've become
Silica
vitreous
Dorian Grey's portrait
insidious
Can't get outside of this
powdered pigment stained canvas

Waiting for crumbs to fall
the master of it all
Feeding the eye, heart, mind
i partake in this feast
Masterpiece

It sustains me

©2012AmiaArt









DICTION

How does one convey
The articulation
Of their emotions
And versification
In brilliant composition?

The transportation of
Information from
Minds eye's notion
Caught at conception
Causing commotion

Writing on the wall
Ancient inscription
Symbolization
Fragmentation
Need for elucidation

Hear my intonation
Vocalization
Rendering vibrations
Lines of demarcation
Spilling from my mouth
Oxidation
Striking chords of reverberation
Dissemination

The art of expression
Like an exhibition
Thoughts in demonstration
Life's narration

Ahh hell... let's have libations!

©2011AmiaArt

RiverLit Magazine Issue #3 8/11











PERCEPTION
Perception starts at conception
Leading us blind through life
Deception makes me want to choke
Love lift me high as a kite
Sky clear
Perpetuation
Give me Revelation
Because of you
I see the light

©2010AmiaArt







ART TO THE EYE
IS AS MUSIC TO THE EAR
AND POETRY FOR THE SOUL

©2010 AmiaArt







LIVELY COLOR
Some handle LIVELY COLOR as fine china.
Put away on a
SHELF.
Collecting
DUST.
Only to be brought out on
SPECIAL OCCASION.RATHER.LIVELY COLOR should INFILTRATE.MESH into our EVERYDAY Lives.
Be
ENJOYED in every ASPECT of it.
Whether in
PAINTING.MAKEUP.PHOTOGRAPHY.FASHION.INTERIOR DESIGN...

Don't
HESITATE Using it.
As it brings
CERTAINTY.
Don't
FEAR it.
As it is
LIBERATING.
Use it
OFTEN.LIBERALLY.WITHOUT REGRET.


©2009AmiaArt







REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE begins not merely based on OBSERVATION.
Looking OUTWARD.
But rather emerging from a state of discontentment in ONESELF.
Having enough courage to look INWARD on a deep, personal level.
Once this process has begun, THEN.
Like a rock thrown into a pond,
Will those positive effects ripple OUTWARD
toward others.
INFECTIOUS Change.
Radical.
Revolutionary.

©2008AmiaArt