Thursday, July 16, 2009

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999

1/1/08
Photobucket

As i sit here thinking about the new year and what new things I want to do with my life, I can't seem to get Prince's son 1999 outta my head. It's been embedded there a couple days now.

If you at all were a product of the 80's you might remember yourself jamming, singing, or dancing to this sweet tune (as well as the infamous purple rain, let's go crazy, when doves cry. Good times. Brilliant musician that Prince is!)

I remember thinking about the lyrics while singing them in Jr. High...

"2000 ZERO. ZERO. PARTY OVER. OOPS. OUT OF TIME. TONIGHT I'M GONNA PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999."

WOAH... like. 1999 seemed SO far away! SO futuristic. I wondered what I'd be doing in 1999. What the styles would be.

Yes. A lot of things have evolved and changed in many areas of our culture and world. Of course no flying cars like the Jetson's drove. No wild Twilight Zone scenarios.  

Well, 1999 came and left and here we still are in 2008, WAY after the millennium.

Did I party like it was 2008?
Uh...I don't know.
I guess.
Went out.
Listened to some great latin music.
Snapped some shots.
Had a clove with my buddy.
Went home in time to watch the ball drop in NYC, listening to Lenny Kravitz sing a song while eating mousse tracks icecream.

I enjoyed it. Hope you did too.

Happy 2008 everyone and the Best to you in this new year!!