Thursday, July 16, 2009

I WAS AN EXTRA

10/24/06
Photobucket
HOME OF THE BRAVE
STARRING:
SAMUEL L. JACKSON
JESSICA BEAL
50 CENT
CHRISTINA RICCI
BRIAN ?? (SOAP BOY)

Now first of all, I realize how much of a nobody I am in the light of these actors (mere rubbish...wall paper if you may). But you MIGHT see me if you pull out your magnifying glasses watching with undivided concentration (if the scenes haven't been deleted).

O.K. So... I'm walking into a bar/lounge (in a brown,furry, knee length vintage coat talking with some friends. Christina Ricci and Brian come out of the bar (lighting up cigs.) We pass as I proceed to catch the door they've just walked through!

Other scenes were: sitting in a corner booth in the bar with a friend having an Italian meal with wine....chatting of course. Or should I say 'mimicking conversation'
(I hadn't realized how hard that really was AND not clanking the glasses and silverware!)....walking in front of the cinemas....and driving ol' Nelly (our '93 voyager) past the cinemas entrance.

All the extras didn't have one dull moment and it was a very long evening and night....
Some may say 'Big Whoop?' but like I've said before..."You only live once soo you might as well go for it and do something you wouldn't normally do."
I'm too embarrassed to say how much I was paid. Let's just say that It angers me to think about sweatshops. 
I had a great experience though learning about the film biz.

**ps-May I 'pre-apologize' if I look like a complete idiot??