Wednesday, April 20, 2016

4/20

On 4/20 I think about my sweet Italian Gramma. We were close and would talk on the phone frequently about some of our favorite things ( gardening, flowers, painting). Oh man she was an amazing water colorist. 
I went to visit her last Spring in L.A. knowing it would be my last time to see her because she was slowly dying. The thing that cracked me up is that when she was in pain, she would request her "Treats" which consisted of Rice Krispie treats laced with weed of course... and she'd want a few of them! 
I had the thrill of watching my 92 year old Nona get high and act hilarious. I was glad it helped ease her pain. She passed away last August and I miss her a lot. 
I still have the two rolls of film that I can't seem to make myself develop yet. Maybe soon.
So yeah, cheers to weed and to my Nona today. xoxo

Photo: My hot Gramma and Grampa at the horse races. 1944.