Thursday, February 6, 2014

8:45 a.m.



My alarm goes off at 8:45a.m.

Still tired I turn it off, roll over, and fall back asleep.
I begin to dream.

A lucid dream.

I'm out kneeling in the Sunflower garden weeding when I sense a presence coming up from behind me to my left. I turn and see him happily approaching me...smiling with honey colored eyes intently fixed upon mine.

"Wubby" I exclaim as I open my arms to hug him. As he comes in closer, sits, and rests his head upon  my shoulder, in my mind I think, "This is only a dream. When I hug him, he'll disappear like a hologram."

We hug.

I feel the weight of his chin resting upon my shoulder...so close.
My arms wrapped around his soft, wavy, black and caramelized fur covering his dense 100lb body.
He reciprocates. It feels good. Everything's ok.

I wake up.

I cry.

7/3/13