Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Little Halloween Story From Amia

One year, when I was a mini amia, I was a princess for Halloween. I always wanted to be a princess or a bride...as most little girls with fairytale imaginations. I always wrote in my diary about my boyfriends at school, only, the boys had no clue they were my BF but that's another 400 word or less story.

However, we went out trick-or-treating (me, my sister, and some neighborhood children along with a responsible adult for protection). I was in the 4th grade and remember feeling so spooked for a few reasons:

a. We might see Satan.
b. Big Foot was still on the loose and we may run into him in the shadows at any moment.
c. Terrified that I would not have the self-control to NOT eat any candy until I go home and each piece thoroughly examined. After all, it was the 70's and we really could bite into a razor or get poisoned ya know and that would be the last of our Halloweens ever.

The most scariest thing of the night? 
We approached a house. Rang the doorbell (I rehearsing in my mind how loud..long...kind...I would shout "trick-or-treat!"). The door opens. Why, it's a little boy and his sister about our age. Not in costume. Why!?? They tell us "Sorry, we don't celebrate Halloween"and shut the door. 

That was by far the most sad and scariest thing to me...ever.